The Groningen Journal of International Law is anticipating your submissions for its Student Writing Competition 2018! This year the competition is open to Bachelor and Master students from all over the world. The article can be on a topic of international law of your choice; but must maintain quality in research and writing, diversity and relevance in order to be considered. If selected, your article will be published in GroJIL Volume 6, Issue 1.
Kindly bear in mind the following guidelines:
- You must be a registered student at a University or Institution.
- This includes recent graduates who have obtained their Bachelor’s or Master’s diploma after the 1st of May, 2017.
- Co-authored papers are accepted on the prerequisite that all authors involved meet the above requirement.
- You must submit your article with your allotted number.
- In order to ensure fairness in judging, participants will have to submit their articles anonymously. As such, each participant will receive their candidate number for participation by adhering to the following procedure:
- Co-authored papers are submitted under one candidate number for procedural purposes.
- The article should begin with a short abstract.
- The article must include footnotes and citations.
- The expected length of the article is 6,000 to 7,000 words.
- Including footnotes.
- Excluding abstract, bibliography or table of contents.
- Provided your paper satisfies the rest of the criteria, feel free to contribute a paper you have submitted for class/a thesis.
- The deadline for submission is 15 April, 2018 at 23:59.
Also note that selected articles will be edited by our editorial team prior to publication. For additional information on the workings of the editing process, click here.
Looking forward to receiving your submissions!