The Groningen Journal of International Law is anticipating your submissions for its annual Student Writing Competition! The article can be on a topic of your choice; but must maintain quality in research and writing, diversity and relevance in order to be considered. If selected, your article will be published in our summer issue of 2017.
Kindly bear in mind the following guidelines:
- You must be a registered student at the University of Groningen.
- This includes recent graduates who have obtained their diploma after the 1st of May, 2016.
- You must submit your article with your allotted number.
- In order to ensure fairness in judging, participants will have to submit their articles anonymously. As such, each participant will receive their candidate number for participation by adhering to the following procedure:
- The article should begin with a short abstract.
- The article must include footnotes and citations.
- The expected length of the article is 6,000 to 7,000 words.
- Including footnotes.
- Excluding abstract, bibliography or table of contents.
- Provided your paper satisfies the rest of the criteria, feel free to contribute a paper you have submitted for class/a thesis.
- The deadline for submission is 28th April, 2017 at 23:59.
Also note that selected articles will be edited by our editorial team prior to publication. For additional information on the workings of the editing process, click here.
Looking forward to receiving your submissions!