Promotional and Technical Director (Editorial Board)
The Promotional and Technical Director is the Board member in charge of the Journal’s digital efforts and acts as the direct link between the Ambassadors and the Board.
- Maintaining/updating the GroJIL website
- Online publishing of the articles
- Improving the Journal’s online strategies
- Communicating with the graphic designer on cover page and flyer designs
Secretary and Treasurer (Editorial Board)
The Secretary and Treasurer is the Board member responsible for overseeing the financial position of the Journal and arranges the regular functioning of the Board.
- Taking minutes from all the meetings of the Editorial Board
- Organising and informing the Board Members of the location of each meeting
- Updating the GroJIL’s funding proposal
- Looking for fund-raising opportunities and keeping track of the budget
Managing Editor (Biannual issues)
The Managing Editor is the direct link between the Editors and the Editorial Board of the Journal. The responsibility of the Managing Editor is to ensure that each article’s language is of high quality and the formatting and style conform to GroJIL’s standards.
- Coordinating the Editors
- Allocation of editing tasks
- Control of the editor’s work and provision of individual feedback
Executive Editor (Blog)
The Executive Editor of the GroJIL’s blog ‘International Law Under Construction’ is the direct link between the Editorial Board and the blog. The Executive Editor is ultimately responsible for the functioning of the blog.
- Communication with outside parties
- Organization of weekly committee meetings
- Soliciting of blog posts from academics
- Communication with the academic staff of the international law department
- Developing concepts for student written blog posts
- Assisting in the writing of blog posts
- Editing of blog posts
- Publication of blog posts
- Moderating comments
- Communication with Content Marketing Manager
Senior Editors (Blog)
Two Senior Editors together with the Executive Editor form the blog committee. The Senior Editors largely bear the same responsibilities as the Executive Editor with few exceptions. All members of the blog committee enjoy a large degree of freedom in their work and the responsibilities commensurate with this freedom.
All 3 positions require approximately 10 hours of work every week on a continuous basis. Although the committee may reduce its efforts during the exam period certain tasks need to be completed at all times. If proper video conferencing technology is available, senior editors are not required to be physically present in Groningen.
GroJIL Ambassadors (PR Committee)
The GroJIL Ambassadors are tasked with maintaining and improving the public image of the Journal. While the Ambassadors must regularly report on their initiatives and planned activities to the Promotional and Technical Director of the Board they enjoy a relatively large degree of freedom in their work and the responsibilities commensurate with this freedom. Physical presence in Groningen is not required for this position.
- Promote the GroJIL with original (social media) content
- Organise academic events
- Participate in fundraising activities
Copy and Language Editors (Biannual issues)
The Copy and Language Editors are responsible for checking the grammar, spelling and style of the articles. Furthermore, they ensure that footnotes and general formatting of each article correspond to the GroJIL’s house style. Copy and Language editors are not required to be physically present in Groningen.
Ready to apply?
Are you convinced that, on the basis of the above, you are the person GroJIL is looking for?
To apply for a position, please email us your CV and a short paragraph on your motivation (150-250 words) for the position you are applying for to email@example.com by June 4th.
If you have any questions regarding your application, please do not hesitate to contact us at the above address.